- International Annual Meeting on Supportive Care in Cancer
- 22-24 June 2017 and Washington, DC, USA
- Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and The Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC)
This activity is intended for physicians, nurses, dentists, oral surgeons, dental hygienists, pharmacists, social workers, nutritionists, and other health care providers involved with the care of cancer patients.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
- Discuss and exchange the latest information in supportive care research and practice.
- Review new developments, challenges and modern technology in supportive cancer care.
- Discuss mechanisms involved in the etiology of toxicities related to cancer and its treatment.
- Demonstrate integrating oncodermatology into practice.
- Select appropriate interventions and therapy for cancer symptoms and complications based on individual patient characteristics.
- Discuss an update on venous thromboembolism approach.
- Discuss an overview of an early palliative care on various outcomes in advanced cancer patients.
- Analyse geriatric assessment as a supportive care strategy.
Please view complete faculty here.
Please view the agenda with registration and break times here
Physician Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and The Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC). The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of
19.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 19.5 ANCC contact hours is provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
|Thursday June 22, 2017||7|
|Friday June 23, 2017 ||7|
|Saturday June 24, 2017 ||5.5|
Disclosure of Conflict of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
There is no fee for this educational activity.
A statement of credit will be issued immediately upon completing the evaluation on www.cmeuniversity.com
Method of participation and request for credit
We support Green CME by offering your Request for Credit and CME Certificate online. To do so, please follow the steps below no later than July 22, 2017:
2. Once logged in, click on "Find Post-test/Evaluation by Course" at the top of the page
3. Type in "12251" in the box, and hit enter
4. Click on the activity title
5. Complete the online evaluation and obtain your CME certificate to download and/or print for your files
Upon completion of the online Evaluation form, you will have immediate access to a CME certificate to print or save for your files. You can save your certificate by selecting the "Save" option on the print screen. If you have any questions regarding the CME certification for this activity, please contact the CME provider Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) at: email@example.com
Americans with Disabilities Act
|||Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (ie, physical, dietary, etc). Please contact Orna Gilboa prior to the live event here. |